Submissions for the 10th annual Streamy Awards have been extended until 23:59 on Monday August 31st and are FREE for creators this year.
Submissions are being accepted for awards in over 45 categories across 3 different strands:
- Flagship Streamys: recognising digital video excellence and the creators making it.
- Streamys Brand Awards: giving nods to innovative advertisers.
- Streamys Social Good Awards: honouring companies and creators that use digital video to make a positive impact on the world.
This year’s updated award categories give a nod to the reality of 2020. These include:
- Live Special and Live Series (for programming featuring live, interactive video).
- News and Commentary (for content including archival programs, current events, explainers, reactions, reviews, and recaps).
- Crossover (for a public figure embracing digital culture and demonstrating best practices).
To be eligible for an award, content must have been produced and initially released via online distribution between August 17th 2019- August 31st 2020. You can see full eligibility, submission and voting criteria here.
Plus this year submissions are FREE – here’s why:
“We understand that 2020 has been a challenging year for our community,” the Streamys said on its website. “We believe that by opening submissions to all, the Streamys can help reach, discover, and recognize more creators than ever before.”
The 2020 Streamy Awards ceremony will broadcast exclusively on YouTube this December 13th marking both the awards own 10th anniversary as well as YouTube’s 15th anniversary.
For more updates on nominations, talent and this year’s ceremony visit www.streamys.org